Driver - Utilities Class A
- CDL Class A driver may operate roll off trucks, flat bed, tanker, 10 wheeler, box trucks, 70 barrel or 120 barrel trucks.
- Working Environment:Â Industrial setting - Refinery, Petro-Chemical, Utilities, Pulp and Paper Mills, etc.
- Operate idle reduction systems or auxiliary power systems to generate power from alternative sources, such as fuel cells, to reduce idling time, to heat or cool truck cabins, or to provide power for other equipment.
- Load or unload hazardous and non-hazardous waste materials from trucks or help others with loading or unloading, using special loading-related equipment or other equipment as necessary.
- Drive trucks with capacities greater than 3 tons, including tractor-trailer combinations, to transport and deliver products and other materials.
- Drive electric or hybrid-electric powered trucks or alternative fuel-powered trucks to transport and deliver products or other materials.
- Operate equipment, such as truck cab computers, phones, or global positioning systems (GPS) equipment to exchange necessary information with bases, supervisors, or other drivers.
- Perform basic vehicle maintenance tasks, such as adding oil, fuel, or radiator fluid or performing minor repairs.
Links for HydroChemPSC