DMV Law Enforcement Inspector I (Kinston)
Expired 1 month agoInactive Job
- Associated topics: crime scene, detective, fingerprint, inspector, investigate, investigation, investigative, investigator
- A NCDMV Law Enforcement Inspector I serves as a sworn state law enforcement officer whose primary purpose is to enforce the rules and regulations adopted by the Commissioner of Motor Vehicles and Chapter 20 of the North Carolina General Statutes.
- Necessary Special Qualifications:Must be eligible for certification as a Law Enforcement Officer by the North Carolina Criminal Justice Education & Training Standards Commission and must achieve certification within one year of employment.
- NCDOT will not accept "See Attached" or Resume's in lieu of education and work experience completed on the application.
- Inspectors conduct enforcement and investigation of auto thefts, anti-theft including a preliminary and final examination of salvage vehicles, dealer and manufacturer's licensing laws, safety inspections and emission laws, registration laws, mechanic lien and abandon vehicle laws, odometer and driver license fraud laws.
- Preference given to those that will accept positions in the following counties: Cumberland, Harnett, Wake, Durham, Nash, Halifax, Alamance, Guilford, Davidson, and Mecklenburg.
- Applicants must successfully pass a written test, a panel interview, a polygraph examination, an in-depth background investigation, a medical screening, psychological evaluation and drug screening examination.
- Inspectors must be able to successfully complete the DMV License and Theft Bureau Inspector Basic Training and Field Evaluation Training Program.
Links for State of North Carolina