Dental Hygienist RDH - Estes Unit
- The mission of Correctional Managed Care is to address the healthcare needs of underserved patient populations within the Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) and the Texas Juvenile Justice Department (TJJD).
- Performs clinical hygiene procedures under the supervision of a dentist.
- Performs direct and indirect patient care procedures as well as general clinical and support asks, as specifically delegated or directed by the supervising dentist.
- Performs unit level community health tasks.
- Work includes tasks which the dental hygienist is legally trained and qualified to perform, and which are necessary for the efficient delivery of quality dental care.
- Takes and records patient health history and vital signs; performs radiography, dental laboratory procedures, oral health orientation, and oral health education and counseling.
- Provides dental screening; performs removal of calculus, deposits, or accretions from the natural restored surface of teeth and dental prostheses; performs root planning or the smoothing and polishing of roughened root surfaces of exposed teeth; performs topical application of cavities preventive agents and plaque indexes.
- Coordinates for the availability and accessibility of clinic staff of appropriate oral health education materials and oral health aids; provides instruction and technical guidance for other clinic staff in the prevention and control of dental disease.
- Maintains general clinic orderliness and cleanliness; performs sterilization and disinfection of instruments and equipment; performs general clerical tasks including patient scheduling, coordinating clinic visits, collecting and assembling patient treatment information and data.
- Monitors the overall unit/clinic oral health programs and prepares reports on its effectiveness.
- Adheres to internal controls and reporting structures.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Standard office equipment and standard dental clinic equipment.
- Located within the confines of a prison, jail or juvenile detention center.
- Security clearance is required; pre-employment drug testing is also required.
- May be required to provide dental services at multiple facilities.
Stand out and contact University of Texas Medical Branch directly