Dairy Regional Specialist (Cary)
Expired 1 month agoInactive Job
- Learn more about State Employee Benefits here: NC Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services provide services that promote and improve agriculture, agribusiness and forests; protect consumers and businesses', and conserve farmland and natural resources for the prosperity of all North Carolinians.
- Will undergo a background check in order to be commissioned as an Officer with the US Dept. of Health & Human Services in order to do contract work with the Food & Drug Administration.
- All Law Enforcement positions, aviation safety sensitive positions and positions requiring a Pilot's License or a Commercial Driver's License (CDL) shall be subject to pre-employment drug testing.
- In addition, analytical support is provided to the Food & Feed Sections by the Food & Drug Protection Division's six laboratory branches, i.e. Feed Laboratory, Fertilizer Laboratory, Food Laboratory, Microbiology Laboratory, Residue Laboratory, and Pesticide Formulations Laboratory.
- Inspections and enforcing the requirements of the Grade A Milk Sanitation Program, along with the NC Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act and other regulations as they apply to the manufacture, transport, storage, and sale of milk and food, enforcing established laws and regulations to assure that milk and food manufacturing, storage, and transportation facilities are adequate to insure a safe, sanitary food supply, as well as adequate identification of the food to consumers via proper label statements.
- Work territory consists of following counties: Rockingham, Caswell, Guilford, Alamance, Davidson, Randolph, Montgomery, Moore, Richmond, and Forsyth counties.
- Ability to learn general knowledge of the physical characteristics and behavior of the raw materials commonly used in creameries, milk and milk product processing plants and single service container manufacturing facilities for the dairy industry.
- Minimum Education and Experience RequirementsBachelor's degree with a major in biology, food science, home economics or a related field from an appropriately accredited institution and three years of food regulatory experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Links for State of North Carolina