Clinical Practice Assistant
- Our team of geriatricians, geriatric nurse practitioners, geriatric psychiatrists, and social workers understand the physical, mental and emotional challenges of aging, and work with patients, family and caregivers to ensure a higher quality of life.
- Medical assisting experience required through any of the following areas: MA, CNA (or LNA), EMT, PCT certificate, Associates Degree in Medical Assisting.
- Performs appropriate point of care testing, such as lab tests and specimen collection.
- May retrieve schedule VI and over the counter medications only, under supervision of licensed providers; is not authorized to perform licensed personnel duties, which include but are not limited to drawing up medications, medication administration or flushing IVs.
- Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
- Reports to Practice Manager or RN with input from assigned Physicians, Nurses or other health care providers.
- Department Description: The Senior Health team in the Division of Gerontology at BIDMC is specially trained in the care of adults over the age of 65.
- Escorts patients to ancillary service areas such as radiology and lab as needed.
Links for Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center