Clinical Laboratory Technologist - Specialty, Transfusion Medicine
- Job Description Job Description Guides lab tests in the areas of specialty.
- Performs clinical laboratory procedures, examinations and other tests pursuant to established protocols including maintaining equipment and records, and performing quality assurance activities related to examination performance requiring the exercise of independent judgment and responsibility.
- Job Responsibility Sets-up and performs a variety of routine and/or complex laboratory tests and procedures relevant to the particular lab area.
- Prepares and tests specimens for examination and reviews and reports results.
- Follows established in-process quality control procedures including recording data.
- Performs routine and/or preventive maintenance on laboratory equipment.
- Troubleshoots basic instrumentation, culture media, chemicals, reagents, stains, solutions, technical problems and methodologies.
- Maintains sufficient supplies at work station.
- Ensures and maintains quality control and assurance activities.
- Uses Infection Control practices and procedures including, but not limited to, wearing gloves, goggles, protective masks and other safety equipment.
- Performs related duties as required.
- All responsibilities noted here are considered essential functions of the job under the Americans with Disabilities Act. Duties not mentioned here, but considered related are not essential functions.
- Job Qualification Bachelor's Degree required.
- Current License to practice as a Clinical Laboratory Technologist in New York State required, plus specialized certifications as needed.
- 0-1 years of technical experience, required.
- Associated topics: assistant, equipment, lab, lab technologist, laboratory, laboratory technician, quality, quality assurance, quality control, scientific associate
Stand out and contact Northwell Health directly