City of Covington: Police Officer- Lateral Entry
- Job DetailsLevelExperiencedJob LocationPolice Department Covington, KYPosition TypeFull TimeEducation LevelHigh SchoolTravel PercentageNoneJob ShiftAnyJob CategoryGovernmentThe City of Covington is now accepting lateral applicants for the Police Department.
- You must be a Kentucky Law Enforcement Council (KLEC) certified police officer.
- Out of state certified officers can submit to KLEC for approval of out of state credentials for certification.
- GENERAL PURPOSEThe description listed is intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed by employees in this position.
- Specifications are NOT intended to reflect all duties performed within the position.
- Under general supervision, Police Officers, by virtue of their sworn office, are responsible for the protection of life and property, the prevention of crimes and the preservation of peace and order, and the saving of lives and property; and in addition does related work as required by superiors.
- ILLUSTRATIVE EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESThe following tasks are typical for this position, other duties may be assigned:These essential job functions are:Drive an automobile and possess a valid operator's licensePass annual firearm qualificationsUse and maintain essential equipment such as firearms, batons, flashlights, chemical sprays, ECD device and handcuffs, radios, computers, copiers, typewriters, cellular phones, etc.
- Out of state certified applicants, that have been granted a KLEC approval, will additionally be required to take an agility/physical fitness test and suitability screening.
- Associated topics: deputy, deputy sheriff, patrol, police, police officer, sheriff
Links for City of Covington