Chief Engineer - Bowhead Transport Company
- Suggest Revision
- Overview Chief Engineer Bowhead Transport Company (BTC) provides marine cargo transportation; lightering; environmental and research support, logistics and oilfield services.
- Responsibilities Essential Functions:The Chief Engineer is responsible for conducting all predictive, preventive and corrective maintenance and repairs of all Engineering; propulsion mechanics, power generator system, electricity, lubrication, fuel system, water distillation, HVAC, fire suppression systems, emergency equipment, and maintenance of deck equipment.
- Assists the Project Manager with collection and compilation of vessel maintenance statistics, training of staff, and ensuring the safety of the workplace Qualifications Knowledge and Critical Skills/Expertise:� Able to complete an annual Merchant Mariners physical exam and perform physically demanding shipboard duties.
- Required Experience:� USCG Rated as Designated duty Engineer, 4000 HP with STCW-95� Minimum of 5 years of experience as an engineer aboard vessels conducting routine operation, predictive, preventive and corrective maintenance and repairs of outboard and inboard propulsion and auxiliary engine maintenance, vessel electrical, electronic, and pneumatic systems maintenance, motor vehicle and support equipment maintenance, fire suppression systems, and implementation of Quality Management Programs.
- Different docks have various combinations of barge drafts and river stages which make it necessary to step across, up, down, or over an obstacle in order to gain access to the dock from the barge or from the barge to the boat or from the boat to the dock.
Updated 0 days ago