· Knowledge of medical and pharmacology terminology and medical office procedures.
The certified medical assistant is a versatile position that is able to support both front and back office processes, and/or clinical processes, based on the needs of the practice and flow of the day.
To transform quality of care for Nevada patients through innovations in improved access and community integration, while fostering a learning environment that inspires and attracts students, faculty, and community support / awareness.
· Knowledge of current medical assistant best practices and procedures including EKG and basic drugs.
· Knowledge of CLIA and OSHA guidelines.
· Knowledge of electronic medical records.
· Knowledge of sterilization and disinfection procedures.