CEMEX: Maintenance General
- Job ResponsibilitiesTake personal responsibility to translate safety policies, goals and standards from paper into action.
- Follow prescribed safety policies, procedures and standards in completion of assigned tasks.
- Complete all required inspections, audits, work orders and reports.
- Communicate and document hazards and substandard conditions and/or acts.
- Immediately correct substandard conditions and acts to the best of your ability.
- Report all near misses to your team leader and assist as requested in near miss and incident investigations.
- Maintain, repair, rebuild and fabricate parts when required for all types of industrial equipment used in the production of cement.
- Performs preventive maintenance inspections, diagnose equipment problems and performs necessary repairs and reports findings to supervision.
- Works from detailed prints and equipment manuals to fabricate parts and repair equipment as necessary.
- Performs gas and arc welding, layout, pipefitting and millwright functions.
- Direct and train inexperienced or lesser experienced employees in above duties.
- Full compliance with plant, state and federal safety regulations and general work rules.
- Use of proper lock-out procedure and personal protective equipment.
- CEMEX will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all local, state and federal laws.
- CEMEX is an E-Verify participating employer.
- Arizona Smoke-Free Act. CEMEX complies with the State of Arizona’s Smoke-Free Act (Arizona Revised Statutes § 36-601.01).
Links for CEMEX