Expired 7 months agoInactive Job
- Casa Q is a licensed 10-bed residential home in central Albuquerque focused on lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and questioning (LGBTQ) youth 14-18 years old who are at risk of or experiencing homelessness.
- Facilitate life skill exercises and peer support activities including the areas of independent living skills, nutrition and budgeting, house meetings, social events, employment linkage, benefits establishment and other services as needed to assist in reaching case plan goals groups for clients.
- Experience working with at-risk and marginalized populations such as LGBTQ youth or youth experiencing homelessness.
- Clear understanding of the Youth Development Model and Trauma Informed Care and Nurtured Heart Approach.
- Implement a service coordination model and process which includes the following tasks: pre-screening of potential clients, primary intake and assessment, case plan development, implementation, evaluation and referral to internal and external sources.
- Act as a mediator between program participants/Family when necessary.
- Experience and/or training in youth-centered, strengths-based and trauma-informed care approach.
- This includes client advocacy, case management, linkage to community services (i.e. Mental Health/Substance Abuse services, benefits establishment, health care, educational/vocational services, etc.)
Links for Casa Q