- Position Summary: The Cardiac Sonographer provides professional patient focused, high quality service to patients undergoing diagnostic or therapeutic intervention related to cardiac ultrasound in the echo lab.
- The echocardiographer (Cardiac Sonographer) is a trained specialist in the allied health field who is qualified to perform echocardiograms.
- Requirements: Current (ARDMS) American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers certification in the ultrasound specialty practices (Adult Echocardiogrpahy, Pediatric Echocardiography)Current Clean NYS Drivers LicenseCPR CertificationMeets service specific requirements and competencies for types of testing offered (Adult Echo, Pediatric Echo, Stress Echo, Transesophageal Echo).
- Associated topics: echocardiology, gyn, ihr, imaging, non invasive, ob, rvt, sono, sonographer, sound
- The primary role of the echocardiographer is to obtain high quality recording of ultrasound images of the heart and related structures for the physician to interpret.
- Significant responsibility for independent judgement and clinical interpretive knowledge is placed on the echocardiographer.
- Requires a highly skilled operator because the technique of echo performance is extremely operator dependent.
- Other Requirements: Excellent communication and interpersonal skillsConcentration needed to assimilate information from many different sources.
Links for Mohawk Valley Health Systems