Bridge Laborer (Travel Construction)
- Correct deviations in bridge surface, alignment, and gage
- Unload and/or assist in unloading and distributing materials (rail, ties, spikes, etc.)
- Knowledge of roadway-worker protection regulations
- Operate tools such as rail saw, track wrench, spike maul, tie adz, and claw bar as needed
- He or she carries out responsibilities in accordance with the organization's safety policies and applicable laws, working with direction from the bridge foreman and/or general manager.
- Previous outdoor work experience a plus
- The person in this position performs the duties involved with maintenance and repair activities surrounding the maintenance-of-bridge functions.
- Install and repair wood trestles and wood structures
Links for Genesee & Wyoming Inc.