Boat Officer I (PCN 11-1041)
Expired 9 days agoInactive Job
- An Able Seaman (AB) Merchant Mariner Document (any grade) is desirable.
- Associated topics: crew, crew member, deck, deck operations, fitter, floater, mate, rig, sailor, tankerman
- Merchant Mariner's DocumentsOrdinary Seaman: this is an entry level Merchant Mariner document, requiring no experience and no examination.
- U.S. Coast Guard Master's License: A Merchant Marine Deck Officer license issued with restrictions on gross tonnage of the vessel (e.g. 50 tons, 100 tons, 1600 tons), as well as route restrictions (e.g. inland, near coastal, upon ocean).
- Special Note:Must possess or have the ability to obtain an Ordinary Seaman Merchant Mariners Document.
- Successful candidates must obtain an Ordinary Seaman Merchant Mariners Document before completing the probationary period.
- It does require a drug test and proof of citizenshipAble Seaman grade: An able seaman is a rating issued based upon experience and an examination, but is not an officer.
- FCC Restricted Radiotelephone Operator's Permit: A permit to operate marine radios, SSB or VHF.LICENSES:U.S. Coast Guard Engineer's License: A Merchant Marine Engineering Officer license.
Links for State of Alaska