Billing Spec I - First Hospital - FT D
- Job Description First Hospital is Northeastern Pennsylvania's only private psychiatric hospital, providing inpatient psychiatric treatment for children, adolescents and adults.
- Accredited by The Joint Commission, we are at the centre of an integrated mental health delivery system that includes CHOICES, an outpatient program that offers professional addiction treatment services to adolescents and adults; and Community Counselling Services, an outpatient program for those in need of psychiatric care.
- First Hospital's 150-bed facility provides an environment conducive to recovery and healing.
- Personal attention is integral to our treatment philosophy which combines a team of experienced professionals with compassionate and respectful care.
- For more information, visit www.
- commonwealthhealth.net Under the direction of the Director, the Billing Representative is responsible for ensuring that the correct insurance information is captured and applied correctly in the patient accounting system to ensure accurate and timely billing.
- The Billing Representative must be able to interact with internal and external customers.
- High school diploma required.
- Minimum three (3) years experience in a medical office billing environment preferred.
- Experience in Microsoft word and excel required.
- Medical terminology helpful.
- Experience in medical and/or behavioral insurance, various billing and eligibility systems.
- Good communication skills and ease in using computer keyboard in a windows application environment.
- Typing, communication skills, clerical accuracy; working knowledge of insurance coverage, rules and regulations and billing procedures; manual and finger dexterity.
- Proficiency in applying close attention to details, avoiding billing / posting errors minimizing potential of financial adversity.
- Independent judgment and logic are relative to prior years of experience and ability to work with limited daily supervision.
- Ability to assist coworkers when needed.
Links for Wilkes - Barre Behav Hosp