Attorney - Employment & Benefits - GBAM
- Job Description: Provide day-to-day employment and labor related legal advice to Human Resources, Employee Relations, and LOB managers.
- This will include advising clients on the legal risks associated with employment actions, assisting in negotiating and drafting employment related documents, interpreting and applying Bank policies and employment related federal, state and local statutes, rules and regulations, responding to attorney demand letters, and potentially responding to regulatory inquiries.
- Lead defense efforts on all potential, threatened and pending employment law issues, including litigation matters.
- Partner with Human Resources, Compliance, Risk, Audit, and other control functions of the Bank on complex employment matters and issues.
- Provide general legal counsel on employment and benefits related matters, such as staffing, workforce planning and development, internal investigations, administrative matters, and litigation Review legal contracts and documents, including employee offer letters and agreements.
- Manage litigation docket including supervision of outside counsel.
- REQUIRED: Juris Doctor from an ABA accredited institution and admitted to state bar in good standing.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience at a major law firm or corporate legal department.
- Deep knowledge of HR and employment law related matters.
- Ability to field issues across a diverse set of legal fields.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to present complex issues in a clear and concise manner and provide succinct results-oriented legal advice.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding and collaborative environment with many stakeholders.
- Independent, self-starter capable of prioritizing conflicting demands and handling multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Strong influencing and leadership skills, including decisiveness on both legal and business issues.
- DESIRED SKILLS: 7 years experience supporting the financial services industry and/or broker/dealer businesses with respect to employment related legal issues.
- Shift: 1st shift (United States of America) Hours Per Week: 40
Stand out and contact Bank of America directly