Assistant Director - Community Care, Camp Chi
- Here for summer.
- For over a century, each and every summer, the magic happens for over 1,400 campers.
- Camp Chi's 600 acres become a place where the shy walk away from their shadows.
- Strangers become lifelong friends, everyone becomes fluent in kindness and friendship.
- And the camp becomes a community as they celebrate Shabbat and discover that the spirit of Israel has a home in Lake Delton, Wisconsin.
- The Assistant Director, Community Care plays a lead role in the development and implementation of camper recruitment, manages parent relationships for campers 8-14, leads the team working with camper mental, emotional and social health needs and serves as a key liaison between the Camp Chi/JCC staff and the community.
- Minimum Qualifications:Key Requirements: Master's degree in Social Work or related field, or Bachelor's degree in Social Work or related with significant work with camper development and oversight.
- 5+ years progressive leadership experience in Resident Camp or related field.
- Previous experience supervising year-round and summer only staff.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Jewish culture and values.
- With Jewish values as our compass, we are moving JCC Chicago in new exciting directions that will strengthen our Jewish community, enrich generations, nurture friendships, respect traditions and bring out the best in very life we touch.
- Led by our dynamic and forward-thinking Executive Team, JCC Chicago enriches lives and builds community through vibrant, meaningful experiences.
- We are a collaborative, dynamic, forward-looking team whose passion has a purpose.
- With Jewish values as our compass, we are moving JCC Chicago in new exciting directions that will strengthen our Jewish community, enrich generations, nurture friendships, respect traditions and bring out the best in every life we touch.
- JCC Chicago is the largest JCC system in North America, with more than 800 staff in over 15 diverse locations across the metropolitan area.
- Our core program offerings include Early Childhood Education, Children and Family Engagement Programs, J at School, Sports & Recreation, Aquatics, Arts & Ideas, Day Camps and Overnight Camp.
Links for Jewish Community Center