Assistant / Associate Professor in Entrepreneurship and Innovation
Posted 2 years agoInactive Job
- # Position Information
- Job Summary The School of Management at the University of San Francisco seeks applicants for a tenure-track faculty position at the assistant or associate professor level in the Department of Entrepreneurship, Innovation, and Strategy in the School of Management.
- Responsibilities The new faculty in entrepreneurship and innovation will conduct research that leads to impactful publications in the discipline and teach and mentor students at the undergraduate and graduate level.
- Successful experience teaching entrepreneurial finance and/or technology-enabled entrepreneurship at the graduate and undergraduate levels is preferred and venture capital experience and scholarly research of the industry would be an advantage.
- The new faculty will also enjoy a collaborative environment with other faculty in the department, school and university to complete meaningful research and build new courses and programs that serve our students and the broader Bay Area community.
- Requirements The successful candidate must have completed a doctorate by June 30, 2019 in Entrepreneurship, Innovation, Strategy, Information Technology, Finance, or a related field from an AACSB-accredited Business School.
- Relevant entrepreneurial, business, finance, or technology management experience and research in the field is preferred.
- The candidate will be a member of the Department of Entrepreneurship, Innovation, and Strategy and will have the opportunity to teach and develop courses related to her/his expertise.
- High competence in entrepreneurial finance and the application of technology in support of entrepreneurial and innovative ventures is preferred.
- Candidates must demonstrate high potential for impactful research and innovative and effective teaching.
- The ideal candidate will also have an interest and ability to build and maintain relationships with Silicon Valley organizations and a capacity to support, build and direct new programs in entrepreneurship and innovation.
- Additional Knowledge About USF and the EIS Department: The University of San Francisco is located in the heart of one of the world’s most innovative and diverse cities, and is home to a vibrant academic community of students and faculty who achieve excellence in their fields.
- Its diverse student body enjoys direct access to faculty, small classes and outstanding opportunities in the city itself.
- USF is San Francisco’s first university, and its Jesuit Catholic mission helps ignite students’ passion for social justice and a desire to “Change the World From Here.” USF Entrepreneurship Program has been recognized among the top 20 in the county by U.S. News (2018 and 2017) at the graduate and undergraduate level.
- The USF EIS department faculty has published in leading academic and professional journals (e.g. AMJ, SMJ, JBR, JBE, ETP, MIR, CHQ, JHTMR, VCIJEF, TIBR) as well as globally impactful books (e.g. Not for Sale) and professional research reports (e.g. Bloomberg ticker: SVVCCI).
- Leveraging our San Francisco/Silicon Valley location, EIS faculty have engaged with the professional community and built programs in high-tech entrepreneurship, corporate innovation, social enterprises, and family business.
- The EIS faculty supports the undergraduate major and minor in entrepreneurship and innovation, the BSBA capstone classes, as well as the MBA emphasis in entrepreneurship and innovation, EMBA entrepreneurship, innovation, and strategy courses, and the Masters in Global Entrepreneurial Management recognized as top 50 management programs globally by Financial Times, and its signature M.S. in Entrepreneurship and Innovation www.
- For more information on USF, please visit www.
- The University does not discriminate in employment, educational services and academic programs on the basis of an individual’s race, color, religion, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age (except minors), sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition (cancer-related and genetic-related) and disability, and the other bases prohibited by law.
- The University reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities under the law.
- About USF The University of San Francisco is located in the heart of one of the world’s most innovative and diverse cities, and is home to a vibrant academic community of students and faculty who achieve excellence in their fields.
- USF is San Francisco’s first university, and its Jesuit Catholic mission helps ignite a student’s passion for social justice and a desire to “Change the World From Here.” For more information, visit www.
- Policy The University is an equal opportunity institution of higher education.
- Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- For more information visit: rg/olse/fair-chance-ordinance-fco.
- Posted date: today
Links for University of San Francisco